This year the Museumsportal Berlin is ten years old, and that’s cause for celebration! We’d like to share with you a look at all the 200 wonderful Berlin museums, palaces and memorials that together make up the Museumsportal with us.
Each museum opens in its own way. The entrance to one may be through a Baroque gateway, while another may have modern glass doors. Some may invite you to sit down outside, while others draw you into their interiors. While you’re exploring Berlin’s museum landscape this summer as part of MuseumSummer, why not take photos of your impressions of these transitions between indoors and outdoors and share them with us?
You can post your photos on Instagram or send them to us by email between 1 July and 19 August 2018 – and have a chance to win a year’s ticket for all the exhibitions in C/O Berlin, 4 x 2 tickets for the Long Night of Museums on 25 August or 5 exhibition catalogues for the EMOP – the European Month Of Photography in Berlin from 28 September to 31 October 2018. We’ll also be picking the best photo of the week every Monday, and the winners will each receive 2 tickets for the open-air film series “Photography in Film” being shown by the MuseumsJournal in the Podewil.
This is how you can enter:
- photograph entrances and entrance situations from inside or outside
- post your photo on Instagram #museumsportale, #museumssommer and with the name of the museum
- or send it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- each Monday the Photo of the Week will be picked and awarded a prize
- afterwards the ten best photos will be picked and awarded prizes
What you should know:
- no selfies or portraits (no clearly identifiable people)
- each photo can only be sent in once
- minimum age for taking part in the contest is 18
- you can find the full conditions of entry here