The Grünauer Water Sports Museum (Grünauer Wassersportmuseum) emerged out of a private collection donated by Werner Philipp to the city of Berlin in 1996. As a state museum it is under the authority of Berlin's Administration for the Interior and Sport. The key exhibition focuses on annually alternating themes and brings to life the history of water sports from 1835 until today. This includes everything from the beginnings of rowing and sailing, the working-class sports movement, women's sports, school sports and Jewish societies to the repercussions of German reunification from 1990 onwards. Among the items on display are boats used in Grünau water sports as well as dragon boats, canoes, motor boats, traditional club flags, historic documents and photographs.
The museum is situated next to the regatta site in Grünau. The regatta course was established by the Berlin Regatta Society in 1880 and over time grew to include public bleachers and boathouses. From 1990 onwards, more and more rowing and boating clubs moved into the area; today, their boathouses are under heritage protection. In 1936, the Olympic Games rowing and canoe events took place in Grünau.
Closed due to reconstruction work until 2019.