At the MACHmit! Museum (Museum für Kinder), children have the opportunity to play and use all their senses in discovering, exploring and trying things out. The museum was founded in 1992 as a museum for children and teenagers in the Berlin district of Prenzlauer Berg. The museum seeks to make complex concepts understandable and tangible through the use of games. Since 2003, the museum has been located in the Eliaskirche, a church consecrated in 1910 and restored by the Berlin architect Klaus Block for this very purpose.
Every year, the MACHmit! Museum presents one to two interactive temporary exhibitions which focus on themes such as transformation in the city, encounters with different worlds, nature and the environment. A printing house, a hall of mirrors and a traditional soap shop belong to the museum's permanent exhibition area. Along with these, the museum also offers holiday workshops, children's and school class events, as well as vocational training for parents and teachers. The enlarged and converted amphitheatre-like presbytery is available as a multifunctional event room. The star attraction of the MACHmit! Museum remains, however, the climbing shelf, which stretches over six levels.