Schloss Sacrow

Stiftung Preußische Schlösser und Gärten Berlin-Brandenburg

Show location on map
© SPSG. Foto: Hans Bach

Frederick William IV acquired the Sacrow estate shortly after his accession to the throne in 1840, so that he might further beautify the Potsdam garden landscape. At the same time the king had the Church of the Savior, designed by Ludwig Persius in the shape of an early Christian basilica, built very nearby. Peter Joseph Lenné took over the scenic design of this outstanding, royal park complex.
Today, the palace interior clearly shows traces of its last major renovation, carried out by the Prussian state in 1938. The palace and grounds suffered further losses after World War II, because of its location on the former inner-German border. Contemporary art exhibitions have been shown at the palace during the summers since 2002, and a café has been established in the courtyard of the adjoining building.

Schloss Sacrow
Krampnitzer Straße 33
14469 Potsdam

Telephone
+49 (331) 96 94-200
Website
www.spsg.de/schloesser-g…
Based on appointment

Open only for special exhibitions and events.

Back to top